Guys, does anyone know the answer?
get what are the different features to be considered while buying an air conditioner? from screen.
Amazon Quiz: What are the different features to be considered while buying an Air Conditioner?
What are the different features to be considered while buying an Air Conditioner? Amazon Air conditioner Quiz Answers.
What are the different features to be considered while buying an Air Conditioner?
September 06, 2022
What are the different features to be considered while buying an Air Conditioner? Answer
Correct Answer: All of the above.Energy efficient, Smart AC, Inverter AC, you have to consider All of the above factors while buying Air Conditioner.
Amazon Daily Quiz rolled out new questions & the 1st question is What are the different features to be considered while buying an Air Conditioner? & The correct answer is High capacity.
Join @TelegramWhatsappQuestion 1: What are the different features to be considered while buying an Air Conditioner?Answer: All of the aboveQuestion 2: Which is of these brands does not sell a Air Conditioner?Answer: Faber
Join & Get Answers: Telegram WhatsappQuestion 3: What are the external benefits you can avail when you buy an Air Conditioner on Amazon ?Answer: All of the aboveQuestion 4: What capacity of AC is best suited for large families?Answer: 2 ton Download App for Faster Quiz Notification Don't Miss Any Quiz Question 5: What are the different types of Air Conditioners?Answer: All of the above
Submit Answer @ Amazon App
Amazon Quiz Winners List
All Live Quiz AnswersAmazon Quiz Question Answers
Amazon Quiz Question Answer
QuestionWhat are the different features to be considered while buying an Air Conditioner?
Answer All of the above
Air Conditioner Buying Guide: Features and other aspects to take a note of
TOI's buying guide for ACs in India lists key features when buying from Voltas, LG, Lloyd, Bluestar, etc on 7 March 2022 like capacity (tons), price & type (split / window)
English |GadgetsNow SIGN IN ELECTRONICS +
NEWS / MOST SEARCHED PRODUCTS / ELECTRONICS / BUYING GUIDE / AC BUYING GUIDE: FEATURES AND ASPECTS TO CONSIDER WHEN BUYING AN AIR CONDITIONER
Best AMD laptops All Weather ACs
Refrigerators Under 25,000
Laptops under 50,000
55 Inch Ultra HD TVs
Earbuds under 5,000
5 Star Washing Machines
AC Buying Guide: Features And Aspects To Consider When Buying An Air Conditioner
Soumya Joy| TOI Most Searched Products | Updated: Mar 7, 2022, 11:01 IST
The market for air conditioners is ever-evolving and the variety can be really baffling. If you are in search of an AC for your space, this guide here will help you get better clarity before you make a decision. Listed here are some important factors to consider before buying an Air Conditioner.
India faces a stretch scorching summer every year. Well, this is exactly when air conditioners come into the picture and offer relief. Understanding the importance and usage, we guide you through buying an air conditioner. So, here are the factors and tips on how people should buy an AC. This air conditioner buying tips and guide will help you get the best one that suits your budget.Types of Air Conditioners
The very first step is to decide if you want a Window AC or a Split unit.Here is the basic difference between Window and Split ACFeature Window AC Split ACPower Saving Less Comparatively BetterPrice Cheaper CostlierCooling Limited Cooling Wider Blowers Give Better CoolingNoise Loud Operation Since compressor & condenser are outside, there's minimum noise insideInstallation Easy Difficult
Mentioned here the benefits of both the types:
Check out some finest Window ACs under Rs 20,000.Benefits of Window ACs:
• Easier to be installed as compared to Split ACs. You would not need to drill walls to conceal air tubes.
• Ideal for smaller rooms where space can be a constraint, but the room must have a window.
• Can also be used to stay warm during winters, most models offer built-in heaters as well.
Explore finest 1.5 ton split ACs here.Benefits of Split ACs
• Cools down faster because it has wide blowers that push out higher volumes of cool air
• The compressor makes less noise and the condenser are located outside
• Does not require the room to have a window, can be fit on any wallThe capacity of the AC
Choosing the right size of the air conditioner can be slightly tricky. An oversized air conditioner can cool the room faster but may consume a lot of electricity, whereas, a smaller air conditioner needs to work hard to cool the room, consumes a lot of electricity, even though it's not able to cool the room efficiently.
AC capacity depends on the size of the room. In India, Air Conditioner size is rated in tonnes and here we have summarized the required AC size based on room square foot area.Power Consumption
ACs with higher star ratings can cost a little more but consume a lot lesser electricity, thereby saving money on your electricity bill in the long run.
Most air conditioners come with star ratings ranging from star 1 to star 5. So, the higher the star, the lower the power consumption. For example, a 5 start air conditioner will consume less power as compared to a 3 star AC.Price
For at least some time back, air conditioners were considered a luxury product. But because of the rise in its demand because of the rising global warming, this has become a highly desired product. Nowadays, one can easily get a brand new air conditioner at quite a reasonable price. The price of 1 ton AC starts from Rs 25,000 and it goes up to Rs 35,000.
On the other hand, the range of 1.5 tons runs between Rs 30,000 to Rs 45,000 while 40k to 52k can gift you 2 tonnage weighing AC. If you like to have an inverter one, you should extend your budget a little more.Other features that you can look out for:
1. From Anti-bacteria filters to auto-clean functions and copper coils. Pick the right mix of features. As the Anti-Bacterial Filter eliminates tiny harmful substances and microorganisms, such as pollen, dust mites, bacteria and pet dander, etc.
2. Go for an AC that has a cooling and heating feature that lets you stay warm and cosy during winter with the built-in heater that some AC models have.
3. One that features a dehumidifier so that you can get rid of excess moisture in the air during the monsoon with this feature.
4. Has Auto-Clean Function that will prevent the growth of harmful micro-organisms by keeping moisture away.
5. Features Sleep Mode that lets you save on power bills by reducing cooling every hour.
Factors to consider before buying an Air Conditioner
Getting the right air conditioner for your home is important and there are some factors to consider before buying an air conditioner.
Factors to consider before buying an Air Conditioner
by SANGEETA SINGH
MARCH 17, 20211 COMMENT12,330
Do you ponder over all the important factors before buying something? Do you consider the pros and cons of the item you are buying? If the answer is no, then you should start considering all the important factors regarding an item before making the purchase. In the case of an air conditioner, it is especially important to go through all the necessary points before you decide which AC you want, as it is a big appliance and it is responsible for the air quality and temperature of your home. There are certain factors to consider before buying an air conditioner, to make the purchase worth your money and effort.
LG 1.5 Ton 5 Star AI DUAL Inverter Split ACSplit AC with inverter compressor
variable speed compressor which adjusts power depending on heat load. It is most energy efficient and has lowest-noise operation
7 factors to consider before buying an air conditioner
Image credit: Wikimedia Commons
Here we have discussed the factors to consider before buying an air conditioner, to help you make the right choice:Capacity:
The size of the room or house and the limit of cooling determines the size of the air conditioner that you want to buy. The right-sized air conditioner is important for the efficient and increased lifespan of your AC. The capacity of AC is decided based on various factors such as room size, location, number of occupants, etc. Calculate the tonnage or BTU suitable for your home before finalizing your AC.8 best air conditioners for you to buy:
1. MIDEA MAW05M1BWT Window air conditioner 5000 BTU with Mechanical Controls, 7 temperature, 2 cooling and fan settings, White
2. LG LW8016ER 8,000 BTU 115V Window-Mounted Remote Control Air Conditioner, White
3. Midea U Inverter Window Air Conditioner 8,000BTU, U-Shaped AC with Open Window Flexibility, Robust Installation, Extreme Quiet, 35% Energy Saving, Smart Control, Alexa, Remote, Bracket Included
4. Frigidaire 5,000 BTU 115V Window-Mounted Mini-Compact Air Conditioner with Mechanical Controls, White
5. BLACK+DECKER BPACT10WT Portable Air Conditioner, 5,500 BTU DOE (10,000 BTU Ashrae), White
6. MIDEA MAP08R1CWT 3-in-1 Portable Air Conditioner, Dehumidifier, Fan, for Rooms up to 150 sq ft, 8,000 BTU (5,300 BTU SACC) control with Remote
7. Rollibot ROLLICOOL Portable Air Conditioner w/App & Alexa Voice Control | Wi-Fi Enabled Portable AC & Dehumidifier | Quiet Operation, Easy Installation (10,000 BTU, White)
8. SereneLife SLPAC Portable Air Conditioner, 10,000 BTU, Fan, Exhaust Hose, Window Seal, Wheels, RemoteEnergy efficiency:
The Bureau of Energy Efficiency (BEE) standardizes star-rated energy efficiency ratings, also called EER for the air conditioners. Before you buy an air conditioner, make sure there is a star rating for energy efficiency labeled on it. Higher the number of stars, the better the efficiency of the air conditioner. An AC with higher energy efficiency uses less power and thus helps in lowering the energy bills. Lower energy bills mean cost-saving, therefore it is advised to always buy an AC with a higher star rating or higher energy efficiency.Split or window AC:
Window AC has a single portable box that contains all the major components and it is installed on the window of a room. These are most suitable for cooling a smaller single room. On the other hand, split ACs have two separate units. The indoor unit contains the blower, cooling coils, and air filter. The outside unit of the AC has the compressor, the condenser coils, and some other capillary tubing. Split ACs are suitable for bigger rooms as their cooling capacity is higher. Though window ACs are cheaper and easier to install, split ACs are noiseless and have better air distribution.Air quality:
Indoor air quality is an important thing to keep in mind while buying AC. Having an AC with a good filter is vital in improving the air quality of your house. The air filters of the AC help in removing dirt and germs from the air, and sometimes it also filters out smoke and odors. Besides cleaning the air, a good filter also ensures that the dust and dirt don’t reach the evaporator coil and thus helps in improving the performance and energy efficiency of your AC. Also, look for an air conditioner that has a good dehumidification unit, to reduce humidity in your room. Air conditioners with good dehumidification units also provide you with better cooling and comfort.
Image credit: pixy.orgBest recommended AC air filters for you: